The availability fees that the client will pay to the contractor are crucial for the repayment of the financing that was raised by the project company, e.g. a PPP (Public-Private Partnership) or SPC (Specific Project Company). Sweco is involved in many small and large due diligence projects. Thanks to its multidisciplinary team of technical and financial experts, Sweco acts as technical advisor during the different stages of the project.
Each prospective financier wants a thorough technical screening of the project in advance. These are the key activities that arise:
- analysing and evaluating the technical descriptions, for example in terms of the installations, building regulations, environment, utilities, etc.
- attending meetings with technical project teams and site visits
- analysing and evaluating the various underlying contracts (O&M contracts)
- assessing and weighing various risks in the various design stages and operation periods
- evaluating budgets and planning
- sanity check or high level technical due diligence