Given their activities, certain companies are required to appoint an environmental coordinator. Sweco Belgium has environmental coordinators (A and B) who take on this task. They drop into the work place at least four times a year and annually establish an environmental report on the previous calendar year.
This operating procedure is your guarantee that your operation keeps up-to-date with the legislation. Our employees can also support the internal environmental coordinators. This includes:
- Contribution to the development, input, application and evaluation of environmentally friendly production methods and products;
- Providing legal recommendations about Flemish, Brussels and Walloon environmental legislation and supplying practical and useful guidelines for your company;
- Providing economic recommendations for the minimisation of environmental costs, about subsidies and the drafting of grant applications;
- Providing technical advice including in the areas of (waste) water and air treatment, energy savings and management, waste collection and processing, storage of hazardous substances and layout of storage depots.
- Safeguarding or assuming responsibility for the waste materials register, the preparation of the annual environmental report and other administrative requirements, the implementation of the prescribed emission and immission measurements and the recording of the results.
- Safeguarding compliance with environmental legislation and licensing conditions;
- Making proposals about and contributing to the internal and external communications about the impact on people and the environment of your company, your products, your waste products and the provisions and measures to mitigate these consequences.
- Assisting with inspections by the regulatory authorities.
Were you unable to find what you were looking for or do you have a question?
Leave your details here. We’ll put you in touch with the right person. Our experts are ready to help you. For every challenge, big or small.