Sweco in Belgium
Sweco Belgium bv/srl, with registered office in Brussels, employs a workforce of 1,800 employees in Belgium. The company’s national network consists of 13 offices in Belgium, 1 in Luxembourg, 2 in Vietnam and 1 in France.
Sweco Belgium is organized in five divisions, each headed by a Division Director: Industry, Buildings, Energy & Environment, Infrastructure and BUUR. Each division tailors its services according to specific customer groups and with particular focus on the expectations of its customers and the added value for them. Our experts provide added value as regards advice, research, design, engineering, execution and the management of pluridisciplinary projects, for our business and governmental customers.
The HR, Finance, IT, Legal Affairs and Communication departments (Shared Services) support the processes.
Executive committee Sweco Belgium
- Erwin Malcorps (Managing Director Sweco Belgium)
- Bart Van de Sijpe (Division Director Highways, Waterways & Light Rail)
- Filip Verheyen (Division Director Industry)
- Tom Van Den Noortgaete (Division Director Energy & Environment)
- Dirk Boydens (Divison Director Buildings)
- Peter Vanhoegaerden (Division Director Buildings)
- Johan Van Reeth (Division Director BUUR)
- Vicky De Bollen (Director Finance, Facility & Legal)
- Diederik Van Der Linden (Director Pharma)
The organizational structure of Sweco Belgium
Our management structure is based on a three-dimensional development model:
- A professional and strategically commercial market approach
- An efficient and effective development of the operational structures
- A forward-looking and innovative development combined with knowledge and experience sharing
The operational management team’s key task is to deliver qualitative and innovative projects to our customers. In order to achieve this, the Division Director manages all the operational employees of a business line in our various offices. They ensure that the right employee makes his or her contribution at the right time, under a Project Manager’s supervision. The operational management team motivates and coaches our employees.
Our commercial activities are extremely professional and are designed to find out more about our customer’s expectations. The team’s assignment is to offer the right combination of knowledge and experience. The goal of our commercial managers and account managers is to develop a strong, long-term relation with each customer. To this end, clear agreements have been made and geographic and thematic responsibilities laid down. The commercial managers and account managers assess the customer satisfaction, in cooperation with the quality assurance department.
Knowledge sharing and development make up the cornerstone of our existence. The Business Development Managers investigate the development of market demand, and analyse and coordinate with the Knowledge Managers. They, in turn, develop new or modified knowledge and provide training and knowledge sharing.